With coffee cup in hand I headed to the patio this a.m. to realize that the fog had set in. For a brief time it was even difficult to see the edge of the pond behind us. Fog has a way of silencing the world as we know it. It has a way of shutting out all that looms beyond it and causes our focus to be on the immediate. It is during these times that Psalm 46:10 jumps off the page and resounds with clarity, "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."
"Be still" is difficult at best because our world seems to demand the chaos and the frustration that does not co-habit with stillness. As the fog began to diminish this morning I could see spider webs amongst the tops of the foilage that spring forth from the pond. One would almost have missed them if it were not for the breeze that so gently tossed them around. The beauty of the intricate design was worth the walk for a closer view. I am amazed at the very fine art that comes only from the hand of God. This art seems to diminish however when the fog begins to lift. As our horizons are broadened as the fog moves out we tend to look far beyond and miss the beauty of the immediate.
Perhaps the fog in our life is worth the sitting back and being quiet in order for us to view the immediate God has for us. What a craftsman He is. Shhh! lest we miss it.

No comments:
Post a Comment