A few years ago my children embraced me with a beautiful water fountain which was placed outside my dining room window. There had been flowers planted around it and one of my little ones felt the need to water them. He had found one of my favorite pottery pitchers and in his excitement of discovery he dropped it to the floor. This resulted in the handle being broken from the bowl and the pitcher actually being cracked. It was difficult to discard. I chose to place it at the base of the fountain amongst the flowers so I could still view and enjoy it. This was also used as a lesson to my little one that there is still beauty in a cracked pot and that it was "okay".
Whenever I looked out my window I was reminded of my own life and how the Father has so carefully placed me in His plain view to still enjoy and continue to use me even though my life has been cracked and checked with time and sin.
"I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase" I Corinthians 3:6 Is it necessary that we water with a new pot? I mean water is water isn't it? If that being so, then I guess the difference would lie within the ability or availability of the pot, or pitcher if you will. What kind of container did Apollos use? I believe that if he had chosen not to water, that God could have chosen not to give the increase. Moses on the other hand felt he was not good enough to carry God's message because of the speaking impediment. But just like the plant needs the water God's people needed the message and Moses was the chosen. The message, as is the water is the same. The difference lies in the deliverer.
Sometimes we feel as though we are too small, too young or simply too old, or whatever other deception is carried our way. This would render us ineffective in our service to God. But then sometimes we choose not to serve simplybecause of a rebellious heart. Whatever the reason may be we need to remember the importance of trusting God when He calls us to a task. The increase comes because of our trusting (our obedience).
We may be cracked or even chipped around the edges but God chooses people to deliver His message and deliver, we must. Our speech, our habit, our walk, yea even our very life could be the difference in increase or not.
We can rejoice that God uses and even enjoys cracked pots.

No comments:
Post a Comment