That same week I had stood by the hospital bed of my mother. I had watched over the past years the physical struggles that she had and even found it difficult at times to not pray that God would take her home understanding that she would at last be pain free. I didn't pray that and God didn't choose to take her home at that point but we had many conversations concerning that issue. As I left the hospital room that day I watched her continue to struggle with a troubled mind and I promised her that I would continue to walk the rest of this long journey with her. I did and her journey here is completed.
I remember a young Christian mother calling me, concerned that she was losing an unborn child and her mind was not yet at peace with it. I assured her that because she was looking for a discerning heart that God would grant it when she needed it and the confirmation would be "peace". I reminded her that I stood with her in prayer and would continue to do so as mind, spirit, and body continue the healing process.
Looking back to the account of our lovely Lord walking the hill to Golgotha I realize He walked alone. There was a throng of people but still - He walked alone. There was the presence of the Heavenly Father but still - He walked alone. There was no applause. Even the sky grew darker. He did finish though. He is Christ. He deserves our applause and I believe the greatest applause is total surrender of our life to Him and His work. Through this total surrender we will be able to clap for that one who needs us regardless of where they are with their life. Oh, we may not agree with them in ever jot and title but still we can clap because we can acknowledge they are someone special that God made and perhaps it will be our encouraging and our applause that will ultimately help them to cross the finish line or if in fact they don't cross we will be able to say we helpd them run the race.
The applause from Heaven can be heard to encouage us on, if we but listen quietly. Other need our applause. Let's be faithful to not fail them but to lift their hands toward Heaven and bring them an applause that would lighten the load as they run the race. Perhaps, just perhaps they will get a glimpse of Jesus.
Psalm 42:1
As the deer panteth after the water brook, so panteth my soul after thee,
O God.

No comments:
Post a Comment