My husband had several quitars that he played. Each was different and they would all have a special purpose. As with all stringed instruments time and performance would take its toll on the strings and they would have to be replaced. Sometimes one would break or simply wear out. Not just any string would do. What was best for the specific guitar is what would be purchased and the master would proceed to 'string' the instrument and fine tune it.
Often there is a fine line drawn as to whether the string is to tight or --- just right. I have on occasion witnessed one breaking while being tightened. This never seemed to disturb my husband but rather with quiet patience he would go over it again until the instrument would almost sing on cue.
During his brief stay at home while being ill he became concerned because one of the guitars had a broken string and he was never able to remedy it. The master had plcaed his instrument aside for the last time and thus it remains out of tune to this day.
We are instruments in the Master's hand and I become increasingly aware that He is fine tuning me. He must stretch the cords tightly for me to be able to perform on His command.
Paul address this issue in Phil. 4:11 when he stated, "Not that I speak in respect of want; for I learned, in whatsoever state that I am, therewith to be content".
I would not have chosen this journey of life that I've been on. I would rather the Lord had not chosen it either, but He did. He has proven Himself to be trustworthy in my life every time He picks me (His instrument) up. I am learning to be stretched, fine tuned and contented.

No comments:
Post a Comment